Monday, September 7, 2009

Third term...

My third term at Langara starts tomorrow - yay! I can't believe it's already September and time to start learning about cataloguing and information retrieval. The first three courses I took, Acquistions and Technical Services, Records Management and Creating and Maintaining a Digital Collection were all fantastic. As I also work at a public library (as a p/t casual) it's cool to be able to apply what I'm learning to what I see going on around me both behind the desk and in the back room. As well as circulation duties, I do some inter-library loans processing which helps me get really familiar with our collection.

I've heard that cataloguing is extremely challenging, but I'm looking forward to it regardless. It's a process that has fascinated me for a long time as I do home cataloguing of my personal library (using Book Collector), so learning about the ins and outs of the in-depth technique is really exciting. Yeah, call me crazy *g*.

I hope to keep this blog more up-to-date from now on :)

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment